Thursday, March 26, 2009

Just being kids

Sometimes I get so caught up in raising Jacob and Jordan, having good manners, teaching them not to hit each other, don't sream NOOOOOOOOO at Mommy every time I tell you to get dressed and brush your teeth, 4 year olds shouldn't know how to lie already, that I forget that they really are fun to be around. These pictures remind me to just play with them!!

At home pedicure


This was very serious painting going on. He went through 3 other brushes trying to get just the right one to paint the lines on his legs.



She's a budding face painter



I think they both were a little surprised that I didn't make them stop painting all over themselves


I love having them putting their hand and feet prints all over the paper. When the "artwork" has dried I go back and cut out smaller sections and hang it in their playroom. I like seeing their hands and feet all over the walls.



Rob has taken a new job with his employer. He moved his office to a location in the Galleria area. A lot more driving in the Houston traffic. One thing that has worked out great is that he gets to go into work much earlier and leave much earlier than his previous job. It also helps him avoid the brunt of the traffic. Anyway, this new time schedule allows us to eat earlier and let the kids go outside and play before its time to get ready for bed. One of the things all 3 of them really love to do is hit golf balls, go figure. It fun to see them really paying attention to what Rob is saying. You can really see Jacob concentrating and keeping his eye on the ball, as his Dad tells him all them time.

I think the tongue in the cheek must make him hit it harder


He really got a hold of that one. It went across the street into our neighbors yard. The other day our side neighbor, Robby, was coming out of his driveway in his truck to leave and Rob tells Jacob to try and hit Mr. Robby's truck on his next drive. So Robby is in front of our house and you hear this loud THUNK. Well, Jacob did indeed drive his next ball right into the side of his truck. Lucky for us it's a work truck ball didn't hurt it. Rob was so proud.




The next day was kind of rainy and cold. The kids decided it would be a good day to practice casting into the pool.


He is so darn cute!


Princess Jordan taking a little rest while Jacob fishes


Well, so much for that. All tangled up!

Here is Jacob's very first attempt at trying to ride a bike with out training wheels. Actually, I was running with him when he first decided to try it. He actually went by himself, I let go, and when he realized that he put on the brakes and almost fell. I ran inside to get the camera and have him try some more. If we could just get him to not brake he could really go. He's so ready.





Aunty Cathy bought Jacob and Jordan some new rain coats and boots. As luck would have it, it rained here. Serious rain, lightning and lots of thunder. But after it was over there were lots of great puddles to explore.






Kicking his boot off was hysterical to Jacob. He was doing it over and over and over just laughing away.




The dishes can wait! Go out and play with your kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment